Can I Digitally Sign Form SS-4, Application for an Employer Identification Number (EIN)?
When filling out Form SS-4, Application for an EIN (Employer Identification Number), a very common question is: can I digitally sign this form? We'll answer it for you here!
"IRS has 1 million unprocessed returns and 3 million pieces of unopened mail after COVID-19 wreaked havoc on tax season"
COVID-19 has impacted organizations around the world and the IRS is no exception.
Due to COVID-19 the IRS has relaxed some "wet signature" requirements which means you are able to digitally sign Form SS-4 (Application for an EIN)!
You can read more here in this IRS newsroom update but and if it's helpful, from our side, digital signatures have worked with no issues for us and we have only been sending in SS-4s with digital signatures (and have been receiving EINs with them!)
Lastly: to get real-time updates on IRS EIN processing times, visit: https://www.startpack.io/how-long-will-it-take-to-get-an-ein
And if you need help getting an EIN, let StartPack handle the paperwork for you so you can focus on what you do best... building your business 🚀
- LLC vs C Corporation: The Ultimate Guide to Decide Which Is Best For Your Business
- What is the Best State to Form My LLC In?
- Wyoming vs Delaware LLC: The Ultimate Guide to Decide Where to Form Your LLC
- How to Create a Wyoming LLC: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide
- LLC Filing Fees and Recurring Fees by State