How to Dissolve Your LLC or Corporation
If the time isn't right for you to own a Wyoming LLC, heres a guide on the proper way to dissolve it!
Sometimes, things don't work out as we envision. It happens to everyone, and if you decide you need to Dissolve your Wyoming or Delaware LLC here is a guide to how and how not to do it:
There are two types of dissolution, Administrative and Formal
Costs: $0 Dollars
- You cannot re-open your company until you pay all fees that are owed
- Your company will show as delinquent, which will be bad for reputation if anyone inquires online about your company
- You cannot control what day your company officially closes
- You cannot create another company with the same name, the name remains unusable for 2 years
- You could incur up to a $250 fee to get your company reinstated, on top of paying back everything you owe
As you can see, this is an option, but there are an immense amount of downsides to having an Administrative Dissolution. You are handcuffed in terms of how you can proceed, and we do not recommend this option
- Company name can immediately be re-used if you decide you want to re-open your company
- There are no fees to re-instate your company, all you have to do is submit your new Articles of Organization
- The company is ended on a specific day you desire, so no new lawsuits can be filed against it after that day
- The company closure is clean and official with the state
Costs: State Fees
- Delaware Corporation: $204 (fill out this form)
- Delaware LLC: $200 (fill out this form)
- Wyoming LLC: $50 (fill out this form)
Clearly, this is the more professional option. All that's needed is to submit an Articles of Dissolution for your company, and make the necessary efforts to pay off debts, close bank accounts, and pay members of the LLC of any profits.
Save Yourself the Hassle
Let StartPack handle dissolution for you. We make it easy. As a founder the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of time looking for the right person to help dissolve your company.
Other people might charge up to $1500 USD to help.
Let StartPack help you dissolve your LLC or Corporation today for the most affordable price out there with the highest quality service. Learn more here.
- LLC vs C Corporation: The Ultimate Guide to Decide Which Is Best For Your Business
- What is the Best State to Form My LLC In?
- Wyoming vs Delaware LLC: The Ultimate Guide to Decide Where to Form Your LLC
- How to Create a Wyoming LLC: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide
- LLC Filing Fees and Recurring Fees by State