LLC vs C Corporation: The Ultimate Guide For Your Business
Should you setup an LLC or C Corp? We walk through the trade-offs and make it clear which is best for your situation.
This article is published in full as a guest post on one of our partner's blogs here: https://www.unstack.com/blog/llc-vs-c-corp
Here is StartPack's recommendation on the key factors you should consider regarding whether an LLC or C Corporation is the best choice for you:
- If you are looking for liability protection and flexibility (limited admin upkeep, tax flexibility) an LLC is a great choice for new businesses. LLCs are considered easier to start and maintain.
- If you are currently raising or will need to raise US venture capital, and take a company public a C Corporation is a great choice. US investors require a C Corporation to invest venture capital.
- At the end of the day: it's your business, your choice!
Now that you've decided on an LLC vs a C Corporation, check out our post here answering the question: What is the best state to form my LLC in?
- LLC vs C Corporation: The Ultimate Guide to Decide Which Is Best For Your Business
- What is the Best State to Form My LLC In?
- Wyoming vs Delaware LLC: The Ultimate Guide to Decide Where to Form Your LLC
- How to Create a Wyoming LLC: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide
- LLC Filing Fees and Recurring Fees by State